07 March 2020

Corona Virus Daily Information Update: 6 March 2020

HERE ARE TODAY'S links to what seem the most reliably informative (and therefore presumably useful) Internet reports on the rapidly spreading Coronavirus epidemic: 

From the Associated Press:



Pence walks fine line on coronavirus response
This after Washington State Governor Jay Inslee suggests the vice-president favor science over superstition and stop lying to the public.

From other sources:

Coronavirus Updates from The Washington Post
A U.S. roundup plus an informative dialogue with readers. 

Coronavirus Attacks Core of the Economy
As goes Germany, so goes the world.

Scientists fault gov’t and private industry response for U.S. coronavirus spread
A telling example of what the Mainstream Media Propaganda Machine dares not tell us. 

(As always, headlines are reproduced in their original up-style and down-style formats.)

*****

THIS IS LATE because of a non-medical household emergency that required my attention. (Yes, all is well.)  However -- again with this virus report I'm making the rules as I go -- I intend to take the weekends off.

Even without the demands of the report, this would have been an exceptionally busy week, as for me the first week of the month always is, because in addition to the obligatory grocery-shopping trips and bill-paying, it's also the week I fulfill my only other remaining journalistic obligation: the (award-winning) editing and production of the monthly newsletter that serves the Tacoma senior community in which I live. Hence first-of-the-month Fridays are little different from those TGIF (thank god it's Friday) occasions of my long ago newsroom years.

Beyond that, I believe I am surely old enough -- with my 80th birthday but 22 days distant -- to deserve all weekends off. 

Nevertheless if a major virus story breaks over the weekend -- especially one the MMPM is ignoring -- I'll send it along. And I'll resume these daily updates on Monday. In any case I'll be here in my apartment on what I suppose might be called voluntary isolation, as are all my neighbors, all of us with strict instructions to remain in our apartments unless it is absolutely necessary to go outside and to wash our hands thoroughly and often, particularly after handling anything from outside. These are most assuredly intelligent precautionary measures, as the virus is not here among us. Not yet.

Here's wishing all youse all a healthy weekend.

LB/7 March 2020 02:27 PST
-0- 

No comments:

Post a Comment