08 February 2018

Word Processing System Failure Shuts Down Dispatches




 Regardless of the fate of Dispatches,  we must fight on until Capitalism is no more and we the united people of the Working Class are everywhere in this world triumphant.  (Photograph by Loren Bliss © 2016.)
 
***
 TWO NIGHTS AGO the Open Office 4.1.1 word processing system on my Windows 10 computer went stone dead. I cannot write any new documents, cannot open any existing text documents, cannot even download material from flash drives. I don't know if I have been hacked or if something else has happened -- though given a new agreement with another genuinely revolution-minded Leftist domestic source, the timing is surely suspicious. Moreover I am too abysmally ignorant of computers to troubleshoot a failure of this magnitude. (In truth I despise computers -- the only inanimate objects that have ever roused me to genuine hatred -- because I recognize what they are: genocidal weapons modified by our Capitalist overlords to function as the ultimate scabs, exemplified by the fact that in my lifetime field of print journalism, computers destroyed about five of every seven jobs and enabled our masters to force the rest of us to labor about three times harder at less than half the pay.) In any case, Dispatches is down, and I have no idea for how long. (Yes, a nurdly comrade is coming to attempt rescue, but probably not until Sunday at the earliest.) Best-case scenario is I will be back online next week; worst case scenario is this computer is dead. Given that I lack the financial means to replace it, this would mean Dispatches too is dead. Goddess grant the problem is repairable, though in either case, sighs of relief or lamentations, I'll post the appropriate notice. My apologies.

Meanwhile let us never forget Earth is our True Motherland, and that as we free ourselves of the genocidal shackles of Capitalism, we free our Mother from the apocalyptic bondage of patriarchy. Hence an audiovisual meditation I recommend for us all, especially when the encroaching darkness threatens to weaken our determination.  
LB/8 February 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment