25 August 2014

Ferguson Back-Story Unavoidably Delayed

THIS WEEK'S NOTEBOOK is unavoidably late. With the help of my friend Pat Fletcher, a researcher whose Internet skills far exceed my own, I'm assembling a collection of in-depth reports on the Ferguson affair I hope will enable us to understand the class warfare that underlies the slaying of Michael Brown and the fury of the community's response to the ongoing savagery of the federally militarized local police. Needless to say, the events in Ferguson have profound implications for the entire U.S. population -- particularly in terms of how the militarized police present an ultimate threat to the remaining vestiges of USian democracy. I had hoped to complete this reportage last night, but other obligations -- among them my participation in the local fight for a $15 minimum wage -- took precedence. Nevertheless, the Fergusion piece should be finished this evening. Meanwhile I am sorry for any resultant inconvenience.

LB/25 August 2014 


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment