20 July 2013

Working on a Long Story: This Week's Essay Very Short

"Stop Corporate Abuse of Democracy; Tax the Rich": Yet another of my hitherto unpublished Occupy Tacoma pictures, as relevant now as in November 2011. Pentax MX, 100 mm SMCP-M f/2.8, Fujicolor 800, exposure not recorded. Photograph by Loren Bliss copyright 2013. (Click on image to view it full size.) 
*

MY BLOGGING TIME this week was taken up by old-fashioned reportorial work – chasing a story via the telephone and the Internet. On Wednesday I thought I had it pretty well in hand, so well I was beginning to write parts of it in my head. But then yesterday I discovered what I thought I knew was mostly wrong – that not only was I ignorant, but I had a helluva lot more to learn before the story would be ready to write. 

Meanwhile here are links to three pieces by other writers I strongly urge you to read:
The first is old news – how the Occupy Movement was suppressed by the White House and the Department of Homeland Security through its command and control of federally militarized local police departments. But the report is worth reading again in the context of the most recent disclosures  about the total surveillance that now defines us all – the entire 99 Percent – as enemies of the global USian empire and all its corporate states.

Link number three is to a vital and closely related report from Europe – Former President Carter's admission there is no longer any “functioning democracy” anywhere in the United States.  That Carter's remarks were available only in a major German newspaper (and not only carefully excluded from its English-language editions but suppressed by all USian mainstream media), is more proof of the informational iron curtain that is being drawn down around the U.S. as it moves ever closer to becoming the genuine Fourth Reich, thereby fulfilling the dreams of the Nazi war criminals the federal government and its capitalist overlords embraced in 1945. 

LB/20 July 2013

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment